Sunday 8 July 2012

Round in my head

I remember back in secondary school when your idea of your life fufilment is getting into the university.We missed the growing up we were supposed to get then cuz we were luking forward to a better life in the university.It looked like it offered us the escape we all sought with no house mistress signin exeat card,and where u didn't nid permission to go out or do notin.I couldn't wait to paint my nails,try on lipstick,wear watever I liked and partied non stop.I remember crying back in jss2 cuz I had four long years to write WAEC even the way our parents went bout it,u'd think a life witout uni is a void one.I would see undagraduates and grow crimsome with jealousy thinking they have all d fun.Every memo filled was with fantasies of the fashionfilled,partyful,clubful,freedomful,perfectuni life, and of course fantasises bout the luv of your life whom u shud ve met in part1(dark,tall,handsome,teddyful,godfearin,very brilliant,)whom you will marry once u graduate and u live happily ever after.Even Nolly,Bolly and Hollywood didn't help matters as their version of university life lacked all that was important and true e.g uncomfortable lecture rums,how u'd realise u can't date ur mates,dat girls want a rich boy,all d fine boys are taken,how much results will break your heart,how mean lecturers cud be,how school is one big struggle,the randy lecturers,CGPA cud drive you crazy,and its d alpha and omega.Even the few dey focused on is highly exagerrated D party,(school is not one big party),d boys,d meeting(d odds r till you finish ur academic pursuits,u mite neva collide wit dat boy who will stop to help u pack ur books or ivn if u do,his girlfriend is probably waiting rite beside him).I felt I wud meet my Columbus Short type of guy buh it took me a year at home to realise they dnt make those kind of guys anymmre.I learnt my fantasies were juss reserved for my dreams or probably when writtin hollywood a moive script.One gud thing not included in my fantasies was d one tin I got a mended relationship with God.I persoally think I should sue the Woods for building my hopes and allowing dem dash witout any apologies.I ask all my secondary school chummies if uni was as they expected and all I got were huge NOs.I wonder why no one prepared us for the reality even our elder ones were busy chasing GP to explain what it really meant.As my school mates like to say to console demselves,Once you have been here,you can cope anywhere in the world.University is gradually coming to an end and all I gotten is girl drama,betrayals,strings of heart break especially from results and a gift I love very much which came in a very special way nd which has taught me patience,how to smile,wud neva allow me indulge in self pity and a very naughty tutorial.I guess life doesn't always roll the way we want but it would give us something totally out of the blues.and no matter how bitchy Uni mite seem,the world out there is waiting to spice it up.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to reality my dear! Just like childbearing, these movies dont show you everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh,childbearing!!!!!I fear that one oh.buh seriously doe am still yet to get over the heartbreak....Thank u Nonye.Am soooooooo grateful.

    ReplyDelete