Saturday 14 July 2012

Ashes for Gold.part 1

I heard my alarm ring just as he was about to remove my hairclips.I kicked d alarm hugging my pillow harder and snuggling up to Cudlepuffs who was quite indiffrent to my touch I sought for the dream but it didn't return.After minutes of the fruitless search for my Prince charming in dream land,I jumped up remebering I had a classfor 9 and dashed to the bathrum.While rummaging through my bags for my lipstick which I always kept juss in case*winks*Future husband could show up any moment u knw,I heard the cold shriek of my fone as if it was in a slumber of its own.Angie was calling me to remind me of our meeting with the H.O.D,my office fecorators Blablabla,my mind was half way round the world as I cast my mind back to my past as I call him.The perfect hands,d beautiful smile and lips I could nibble on all day and d very calling eyes which promised beautiful adventures.I shook myself as I found my new jackie lippy on my bed.As I stepped out of the house,making a mental note of what we needed and who would buy what.I entered the class just as Tamilore annouced that my class couldn't hold because d department had a programme.My friend was outside my office With guilt gleaming in her eyes as we entered I understood her but all I could give was a smile assuring her I understand and it was okay.I have come this far and I won't regress to self pity and gloom.A world where my friends all complained,were jealous and insanely happy for me,where I had d love*so I tot*and my man was the best,the trips we went on and how much my parents liked him.I sat at that table rembering all I had lost and how I put my best into d 6 years relationship with Ayokunmi.the promises he made,everything I gave and neva got back.And all I got was a text three days to his wedding saying how sorry he was and how he wud have invited me but he feels I wouldn't be comfortable sitting there and how sorry he was but I was too good for him and he hoped I got a better man who knew my worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment